Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Easter 2009

Wow! It felt as if Easter came and went quick this year. We have been super busy lately with Schooling, Volleyball, Soccer, MOPS, Co-Op, Art Classes, Stamp Club, blah blah blah...you know everyday life, that I almost forgot and let Easter slip right by. I was unprepared and had nothing planned. In fact, none of the kids except Hannah was even aware it was Easter so I was going to tell them the following Sunday that it was Easter and celebrate them. Well, after church we went to my parent's home and my brother, David was in full speed ahead, Easter Mode!! Yikes! I didn't bring a single basket or egg. Well, he ran to K-mart and my Mom cooked a wonderful dinner and boiled some eggs!! He managed to round up all sorts of basket like egg holders, not all baskets but perfect just the same. He put on an amazingly fun Easter Egg Hunt!!
The kids had a fantastic day!
Uncle David was so cool and he played with them well into the evening!!

I normally feel I need to do what a lot of us do...Buy new cute Easter clothing, decorate Eggs, create the most wonderful Easter baskets, go to church parade around, eat a big elaborate Easter lunch and end with the most wonderfully planned Egg Hunt!!
Not this year, the kids wore clothes they already had, we went to church and it wasn't about what we were wearing it was about THE LORD,
they didn't have baskets full of candy, but they had a fun filled day with family!
Thank you Father God for sending your Son to die for us and for blessing us with a
wonderful family!!!




1 comment: